Re: QS8.1 & Qcard Extra Banks
[ Follow Ups ] [ The QuadraSynth Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Michael on December 29, 2000 at 23:15:34:
In Reply to: QS8.1 & Qcard Extra Banks posted by Marion on December 29, 2000 at 17:25:23:
Happy New Year to you as well.
(I also read your correction, but chose to reply here)
A couple of things...
1) I have had problems with Freeloader, as have many other QS Synth users. I use SyxLibEd which can be used for any MIDI device, and it works flawlessly. I understand that Freeloader has worked for you in the past, but there's always a first time...It's nice to have an alternative. It can be found here..
2) I looked at my EuroCard files and also downloaded the Sanctuary Card files at from Alesis site http://www.alesis.com/downloads/presets/index.html. The byte size for my EuroCard files is 79,479. The files that I downloaded for your Sanctuary card also weighed in at 79,479, with the exception of Z3PRE107.SYX - use w/< version 1.07 S4 or Quadrasynth, which came in at 77,776. And, I don't think that file is useful to you anyway.
I guess my point is that I tried to duplicate what you had, but couldn't. Maybe downloading them again will give you different results.
If you'd like, I can e-mail the files to you...let me know.
Kind regards, Michael
: I have a QS 8.1 and a Sanctuary Qcard and I'm trying to figure out how to get the QCard expansion banks to work with my QS. They won't download from my QS with Freeloader and I feel cheated. These are expansion banks I downloaded them from the Alesis web site.
: I've successfully used other expansion banks with Freeloader, so I know that's not the problem.
: I think it has something to do with file size. The syx files that work are 79,479 bytes. The Qcard banks are 80,544 bytes. I'm assuming the banks were created for another Alesis product. Is there a conversion program out there or has someone already done the conversion.
: Thanks for your help and Happy New Year to all.
- Re: QS8.1 & Qcard Extra Banks Marion 12/30/2000
- Re: QS8.1 & Qcard Extra Banks Michael 12/30/2000
- Re: QS8.1 & Qcard Extra Banks Michael 12/30/2000 (0)