QS6 serial connection problem
[ Follow Ups ] [ The QuadraSynth Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Macha on September 28, 2001 at 17:01:02:
I'm having problems with this...
- Both serial ports on my computer fail to recognise my synth. I have tried changing the settings for both ports in BIOS, only to change them back to the original settings because nothing worked.
- I have tried the 2 different speed settings on the synth; this hasn't worked.
- My 8-DIN to DB9 cable is brand new so I don't think this could be the problem.
- The only thing I can think of is that I'm using the serial drivers for win95 but running win98.
- I'm getting no sound at all...only strange static through my synth speakers when I first startup my PC.
- Also, on occasions, when I check the device settings of the Alesis driver in Control Panel/Multimedia/Devices, the synth changes bank. I must point out this is a random occurance.
Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.
- Re: QS6 serial connection problem Rod 9/28/2001 (4)