Suggestion: Control those velocities!!!
Posted by John Ianni on March 23, 1999 at 20:48:31:
Here's something I do with almost all patches I play live: use the tracking generator to define your velocity curve. Here's how (for each voice in your patch):
1. set your velocity value to MINIMUM
2. have the tracking generator modulate amplitude
3. set the tracking generator input source to velocity
4. set the individual tracking generator values to desired settings. I start at 50 and increase by 5 sequentially. This essentially compresses the velocities you play to the upper velocities and make it much easier to control.
- Re: Suggestion: Control those velocities!!! Jean Nogues 3/25/99 (2)