musical hopefuls ask for advice
hi! we are hoping to put together a band. so far it's just the two us, and the only gear we have is
- a qs8 (which is why we came to this board)
- a guitar and amp
- a computer with cubasis
- and our lovely voices
we obviously need a lot more gear but there are so many options we don't quite know where to start. right now we're focusing on drums and recording equipment. here are the questions we have:
(1) in terms of recording gear, we've been looking at ADATs versus four-tracks. ADATs seem like the way to go, though they're a lot more expensive... how much do they start at? are there any models that you'd suggest? we've also been told that four tracks are on their way out... what are the advantages of ADATs, and do they have to be hooked up to a computer to be used?
(2) the drum sounds on the qs8 are difficult to work with. they don't sound quite like the real thing, and it's hard to create loops with a keyboard. would you suggest a drum machine of some sort? also, what kinds of tweaks would you suggest to make the drums from the qs8 sound more realistic?
thanks for your advice!
h and c
- Re: musical hopefuls ask for advice michael 2/13/2000
- Re: musical hopefuls ask for advice doug 2/01/2000
- Re: musical hopefuls ask for advice Bob R. 1/31/2000