Re: QS6 Where Can I Get New Sounds??
[ Follow Ups ] [ The QuadraSynth Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Rod on June 18, 2000 at 15:28:25:
In Reply to: Re: QS6 Where Can I Get New Sounds?? posted by Shyanne on June 18, 2000 at 13:21:51:
I'll go over the steps if you have a midi connection, the serial connection should the same but since I've never used it I won't give wrong advice... ;-).
NOTE : this erases what's in the user bank. If you haven't modified it, you don't need to worry, since you can just bring up the original user bank afterwards.
(1) Make sure your computers midi out is connected to the midi in the alesis. Start up the freeloader software
(2) In devices make sure your output and input port are set correctly.
(3) Load up the bank into freeloader: Select the drive and directory on the lower left side, and then the file name on the lower right side
(4) The .syx file should now show up on the box on the center of the freeloader screen.
(5) Select it and hit play. (the ">" button)
(6) Assuming nothing else goes wrong, you should see the screen in freeloader indicating the file transmission. The screen of the alesis should also show "Receiving MIDI data"...
That's it. You should now see the new bank when you go through the user bank.
: How do you get tose sounds on the user banks. I am having trouble using the freeloader software. Can someone give a brief tutorial?